artist feature: Atabey Sanchez-Haiman
We are so excited to announce something new on our website: We are going to use this space to feature some of the amazing artists who have contributed their work to Root & Star. We knew right away that we wanted Atabey Sanchez-Haiman to be our very first artist featured. She makes work that strives to inspire the hopeful, happy side in all of us. Her color palette and drawing style is absolutely her own. She has her own shop in Providence, called Giraffes and Robots. I am so thankful to Atabey for all the love and spirit she brings to her son and to the world. The way she lives her life and the art she makes, it is all an inspiration.
HERE ARE TEN THINGS ATABEY IS SHARING WITH US TODAY. Enjoy!
1. This is me when I was a little.
2. This is me now, with my little boy, who looks just like me when I was little.
3. We like to go out for walks everyday. Enjoy nature, say hi to the neighbors and go to our local shops.
4. When we get back home, we like to relax with a good book, watch our fish swimming in their little world and make some artwork.
5. My art is bright, colorful and happy and almost exclusively orange, yellow and red because the combination of these colors make me smile.
Trackback from your site.